Re: SPARC packages availability for 9.0 and install report

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 09:45, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> a écrit :
> On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 09:28:07AM +0200, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> > Is libatomic not supported on v7/v8?
> It is not supported anywhere on NetBSD.

OK, I didn't know that; I thought it was required for C++11 atomic support?
How does NetBSD handle that?

> But on netbsd-9 base system openssl should be good enough (and pkgsrc
> will use it by default).

Sure, but having "unbuildable openssl" (as Riccardo put it) in pkgsrc
is a problem - the one in NetBSD 9 will eventually become too old as
the one in 8...
Do you know how the release openssl worked around the issue?
Maybe the same solution could be forward-ported to the pkgsrc openssl?
(as far as i can see from the release source code, there's just a
'#ifdef notyet' around the problematic block of code, so I guess a
sort-of '#if !NetBSD' could be used in pkgsrc?).

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau