Re: Can't boot SS2 from CD with 8.0, 8.1, 8.99

Hi,

AFAIK the HappyMealEthernet (hme) SBus card doesn't work in sun4c class
machines, under any
operating system; same is true for the QuadFastEthernet (qfe) SBus
adapter --- I tried both
(with version 2.9 of the SS2 firmware, both under NetBSD and Solaris)
and they didn't work for me;
if you want 100MBit Ethernet, you can use the BigMacEthernet (be) SBus
adapter, but this is half
duplex only. (I don't have a be card, so I didn't verify this
personally). Apart from the onboard
le interface, both the QuadEthernet (qe) and SBus le adapters work
without problems, but they are
10MBit Ethernet only.

BR, Georg Brein

[...]