Re: sparc SMP seems fixed (was: re: SparcStation 20 system freezes)

Hi,

> anyone who has has problems with sparc SMP on >2 cpu systems
> should try out -current, or the latest netbsd-8 and netbsd-7*
> branches.  thanks to macallan (who sent me some dual module
> hypersparc cpus so i could have more than 2 cpus), and
> finally seeing a stack trace i understood, i've fixed the
> hang seen when running with more than 2 cpus.

I updated my 4/630 to the latest 8 and it has been running build.sh for 6
days without any problems.

More details:

  320 MB RAM
  384 MB swap (because cc and c++ just eat memory
  4 * HS125-256
  build.sh -j 6
  src/obj on NFS via hme
  local disk (2 * ST12400N)

It was a bit of a squeeze to fit -8 on 2GB disks - not much room left now for
packages, especially with the increased swap.  I guess that the full build
with X and kernels will take 11 or 12 days, but I'll probably have to power
it off for the weekend as it's a bit noisy.

Thank you!

Regards,

Julian