Re: SparcStation 2 POST

> When I power either of them on (with the ram in the correct banks) the LEDs
> quickly move to a state of the CAPS LOCK being solid on, and the COMPOSE,
> SCROLL LOCK, and NUM LOCK, blinking in a repeating sequence one after the
> other.

That could be memory testing? How long did you wait? Or it could try
to netboot, but you'll need some 10-mbit-compatible ethernet hardware
to do a TCP dump.

Most of the information you need should be in the Field Engineer Handbook.

<http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/sun/FE/800-4006-04_Field_Engineer_Handbook_Vol_1_Dec90.pdf>
<http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/sun/FE/800-4247-02_Field_Engineer_Handbook_Vol_2_Dec90.pdf>

Led pattern for the 4/75 are page "CPU-18" (a.k.a. 11-18 a.k.a. 225)
of volume 2.
But they seem to all be solid 0/1, not a marching pattern. "marching
ones" were "things are fine" on Sun 3, but definitely not on a 2.
Can't find the info in the Hardware FAQ, either.

I would, like others, suggest a terminal and unplugging the keyboard
(or having a known-to-work framebuffer & screen combo).

Cordially & good luck,

--
Romain Dolbeau