Re: Ross RT625 in SS20

IME my single 100MHz Ross modules runs hotter than using two SM85s. Running four 166 CPUs sounds pretty scary   to me

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
From: Mike Spooner
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:05 AM
To: Romain Dolbeau
Reply To: Mike Spooner
Cc: Gordon Zaft; NetBSD port-sparc mailing list
Subject: RE: Re: Ross RT625 in SS20

That indeed has been my experience! Mind you, the 166MHz modules run very hot, so be careful if you have *two* of them in the SS10. They were orginally specified by Ross for the roomier and better-ventilated HyperStation systems.

A good de-dusting of the SS10 PSU vents etc before you start is a wise precaution.

-- Mike Spooner