Re: Steps to take after updating the Boot ROM?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> wrote:
>>> BTW, is there a "set-defaults" in the old OBP?  istr that helps.
>
>> [...].  We used to use a different command to initialize a blank
>> NVRAM on first use.  I don't recall if it's available on release
>> images or just debug builds, but "sifting" might show some
>> interesting words.
>
> Also, there's a variable you can setenv true to get a much richer word
> set, though you have to do a `reset' to make it take effect.  I'm not
> certain what it is; a quick glance at a '20 I have handy makes me
> suspect either diag-switch? or fcode-debug?.  (I daresay eeh already
> knows this, but, probably, not everyone does.)

With fcode-debug?=true the richer word set comes then from the FCode
modules, so it mostly affects the device drivers.

I think the main dictionary remains mostly unaffected (there would
have been a risk of incompatible dictionary extensions otherwise).

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

SPARC and PPC PReP under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu