re: Xorg vs. SPARC, was Re: "Hard memory error" on TurboSPARC equipped SS5 only when using NetBSD

> > FWIW, XAA was removed from xorg-server 1.13.  they're upto 1.17.2 now.
>
> Matthew,
>
> How do you folks deal with it in NetBSD? Just ship and old Xorg, or have
> XAA ported to newer one?

upto now we're running a pre 1.13 xorg-server, so it isn't a problem
(though pkgsrc has updated to 1.17, though users of older hardware
that this affects typically are not using pkgsrc for x11.)

i hope to update to 1.17 soon, which is why Michael is working on
the EXA support -- i'd rather have fewer broken drivers when that
update comes.. :-)

.mrg.