Re: Any progress on fixing the openpty() issue with sysinst?

Yes. This is GENERIC from binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz. Recreated
the steps with the latest 7.0_RC2 snapshot from nyftp. When selection
upgrade in the sysinst menu, I get these two error messages in the
status bar:

openpty() failed
sh -c 'cat /tmp/disktab.* > /tmp/disktab'

openpty() failed
/sbin/fsck_ffs -p -q /dev/rsd0a

It then prompts me about being unable to determine filsystem type and
if I want to go ahead and try mounting the drive anyway, which also
fails:

openpty() failed
/sbin/mount /dev/sd0a /targetroot

I can't ./MAKEDEV all from the installation, there's no MAKEDEV in /dev?