Re: Re (2): monitorless server; was Re: FTP server on a Sparc 2.

>>> [*] Solaris supported input and output devices that weren't the
>>> same, e.g. keyboard input plus serial output, [...]
>> I don't recall trying it on NetBSD, but, given what (little) I
>> recall of the console code from last time I was poking around in
>> there, I would not expect it to work under NetBSD.
> It used to work on NetBSD before wscons.

Was that SPARC-specific?  Did it work even when using rcons?

Thing is, as far as I can recall there's only a single console device,
so split input and output would have to be implemented below that
layer, which means MD code.  Am I misremembering, or is that how it was
done and I just never noticed it when I was grubbing around in there?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign