Re: FTP server on a Sparc 2.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 07:48:59PM +0100, Volker Borchert wrote:
> In message <547AD882.5010402%libero.it@localhost>, Riccardo Mottola writes:
>
> |> If you plan to use your FTP only internally as a quick file sharing
> |> system,
>
> then I'd recommend to change the plan and use NFS instead.

Depends how big the files are, recursive copies using NFS always used
to be much slower than a pair of cpio processes either side if rsh.

More importantly, if you are running NFS server on a slow system only
run one nfsd process. Running 4 will cause timeouts.

	David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost