Re: Re (2): FTP server on a Sparc 2.

peter%easthope.ca@localhost wrote:
> ..
> You refer to /usr/libexec/ftpd?
> ..
> sparc2$ man 8 ftpd
> man: no entry for ftpd in the manual.
> ..
> I wonder whether the base installation here is complete?

Yes; there are /etc/inetd.conf entries for it.  Perhaps you didn't get
all the manpages installed?  No matter, they are available online; no need
to use up valuable sparc disc space.

I think there are setup examples in the ftpd(8) manpage.

If this is all just for internal LAN transfers I guess you could use a
sshd instance on a non-standard port with a smaller key size so it doesn't
take forever to create a connection.

Vive la sparc!

Jeff