Re: hardware question: scsi disk and SS10

In message <5465BC44.7020000%libero.it@localhost> you write:

|> however, my SS10 cable broke: the wires are hard and several broke at
|> the connector. Most probably they were already flakey, this explain why
|> the left drive was "less pricky" than the right one. Probably the
|> several attempts and also the strain put by the 50-68pin adapter which
|> puts the connector higher broke it. So for now until I find a
|> replacement it goes on storage. Sadly, because it has the best CPU's of
|> them all.

Why? The SS10 is perfectly capable of netbooting, with some
.nvramrc even over a HME.

|> I will think I will take some Machines running Solaris and "convert"
|> them to NetBSD and OpenBSD, for the sake of testing all GNUstep software
|> on sparc.

When netbooting, all you need to switch OSes is to adjust two
symlinks on the boot server, one for the bootblock and one for
the root partition.