Re: hardware question: scsi disk and SS10

Hi,

thank you all for the interesting answers. I learned many things:
1- The internal SS10 bus is terminated at the last connector
2- 68-50 pin adapters should in theory work
3- we have adapters from FastSCSI 50 to CF, SD, IDE and SATA, although prices are higher than the value of the SS10 itself 4- having the kernel in something not the root partition requires special booting (-a) or a special kernel

however, my SS10 cable broke: the wires are hard and several broke at the connector. Most probably they were already flakey, this explain why the left drive was "less pricky" than the right one. Probably the several attempts and also the strain put by the 50-68pin adapter which puts the connector higher broke it. So for now until I find a replacement it goes on storage. Sadly, because it has the best CPU's of them all.

I will think I will take some Machines running Solaris and "convert" them to NetBSD and OpenBSD, for the sake of testing all GNUstep software on sparc.

I'll start by dusting off my IPC! Then check how the remaining machines are with their NVRAM batteries and start soldering :)

Riccardo