Re: hardware question: scsi disk and SS10

Hi,

Michael wrote:
Or use an SCA-to-50pin adaptor and hope your drives are fine with that.
I've got two 70GB Seagate drives that are, and four others that aren't
so YMMV. The latter all work fine on plain, non-ultra, wide SCSI though.
does it fit inside the case? I found an awkward way to get the drive working only in the LEFT bay, not RIGHT (probably termination lengths), after removing from the 50-68 pin adapter the term resistors and terminating the external scsi connector directly. So quite "fragile" at the end, the case doesn't close and the ribbons are very tight. So at the end.. I think I'll try to find a 50-pin drive

I have seen that the SCA adapters look quite "big". But I have a pile of SCA drives of smaller sizes out of Ultras and Netras which would be "big" for my SS10.

The nicest thing is what somebody called "G." pointed me to: a SCSI-50 to SATA 2.5 adapter: small... and laptop drives are easy to find, but the pricetag is hefty.

Riccardo