Re: Network installation of 6.1.4 to a Sparc 2.

Peter Easthope wrote:

> From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:41:03 +0900
> > What does "ls -l /dev/ptyp?" show on sh prompt after suspend sysinst?
> >
> > Mine is:
> > ---
> > [1] + Suspended               /sysinst
> > # ls -l /dev/ttyp?
> > crw--w----  1 root  tty    20, 0 Apr 13 08:15 /dev/ttyp0
> > crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  20, 1 Apr 13 08:15 /dev/ttyp1
> > #
>
> [1] + Suspended               sysinst
> # ls -l /dev/ttyp?
> crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  20, 0 Apr 13 08:15 /dev/ttyp0
> crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel  20, 1 Apr 13 08:15 /dev/ttyp1
> #
>
> Do you have the system console or a serial console?  Why
> does one system report "/sysinst" and the other "sysinst"?

I captured the above ls output on serial console, but
sysinst also works fine on cgthree + keyboard.

"/sysinst" is in /.profile in instfs.tgz (or rootfs.tgz):
http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/distrib/sparc/miniroot/dot.profile?r=1.15#74
How did you invoke sysinst?

I'm not sure why sysinst on your environment complains
about openpty, but one possibility is Linux NFS server issue.

Could you try to remove all device nodes (and leave only MAKEDEV script)
in your server's nfsroot /dev directory (and make GENERIC kernel
make tmpfs /dev files itself)?

---
Izumi Tsutsui