Re: stray interrupt - RAM parity error?

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:40:28PM -0700, Erik Fair wrote:
> Is there some reason why ignore_stray isn't in sysctl's variable lists?
>
> Or why strayintr's printf isn't surrounded by DIAGNOSTIC?

Traditional - that message has been there for a long, long time.
Used to get it on the first VMEbus SPARC SunOS systems.

I suspect it is there to reportthe hard lockup that would otherwise
happen is the interrupt request wasn't removed.

I can think of some obvious extra checks:
1) That the IRQ is still asserted.
2) That calling all the ISR functions again still leaves it 'splurious'.

In that case it is very likely a stuck IRQ (and may need masking!).

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost