Re: Relabel disk?

On 12/1/2011 19:25, Greg Troxel wrote:

I'm slightly fuzzy, but disk layout is generally:

0: 1st-stage boot
1: disklabel
2-15: 2nd-stage boot
16-N: filesystem

In other words, the first 16 sectors of a ffs filesystem are left empty
for boot/disklabel stuff.

So if you know what the fs layout is (perhaps just one big fs), you
should be able  to write the disklabel without breaking the fs.
(via rsd0c presumably, which is whole disk on sparc, again if I remember
right)

It was root and swap but I don't remember what was where. I suspect I'm just hosed and have to reinstall if I can't figure out what the partitions were.