Re: Build method

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 01:03:18PM -0800, AGC wrote:
> and a couple other things before building my new kernel.  I was trying
> to avoid building a kernel twice (once to boot and once again with the
> configuration changes) but perhaps I can't.

You can certainly avoid that - there is some major confusion going on here,
I think, and we probably have to explain/document more.

First of all, you do not need to build on the target machine - any posix'ish
system will do (for example any recentish linux or *bsd machine, of whatever
arch). Second, if you are after the libc/gdtoa changes: those have not hit the
netbsd-5 branch (yet). And of course you can combine a self build kernel (with
custom options) with userland binaries from the netbsd "daily" builds.

But maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to do, in that case, just
ignor me.

Martin