Re: DCD as an alternate /dev device?

>#PPS_ATOM refclock flag2 DCD clear, flag3 kernel PPS
>#opens /dev/pps1
>server          127.127.22.1
>fudge           127.127.22.1  flag2 1 flag3 1 refid PPS
>
>This segment gets added if I try to use the GPS data as a clock:
>
>#GPS_NMEA refclock mode 1 $GPRMC only
>#opens /dev/gps1
>server         127.127.20.1  minpoll 4 mode 1 noselect
>fudge          127.127.20.1  time2 0.245 refid GPS

What happens if you reverse the order of these two?

I see there is code that will reset the PPS state upon open, but it should
only happen on the FIRST open of a device; subsequent simultaneous opens
should still work.  You could always put an extra printf() in that code
in zsopen() to make sure it's only resetting the PPS capture state once.
You could also easily test outside of ntpd with the existing tools to
see if a second open a device stops PPS capture.

--Ken