re: NetBSD-current/sparc install ISO no longer boots

> OK, i'm pretty sure it's a qemu bug.
>
> GENERIC.MP boots fine in qemu.  it's only INSTALL and GENERIC and
> probably any UP configuration.  it would be great if someone could
> track this down inside qemu or at least file a PR with them about
> it... thanks.

actually -- it looks like my test of GCC 4.5 INSTALL kernel netbooted
from my ss20 was infact a 4.1 kernel.

booting a UP kernel on this machine also fails for me, possibly the
same way that it does in qemu.  so, looks like it does happen on
real hardware too.  no one contact qemu :)

i'll keep looking, but if this can't be resolved in a few days then
we should probably backdate to 4.1.

.mrg.