Re: Sun IPX and PPS via serial port

On 8/19/2011 10:03, Mouse wrote:
[...] PPS output attached to /dev/ttyb (PPS signal on DCD) [...]
event at 323 0.0.0.0 045d 0d kern PPS no signal.

I have this hazy memory that on some Suns only ttya has full modem
control.  The hazy memory says that only machines with both ports on
the same DB25 are affected, though, which would imply the IPX isn't.

I do, however, have an IPX handy.  I can test whether ttyb actually
supports DCD - it's unlikely both yours and mine have the same subtle
hardware failure, so if mine doesn't handle DCD right then it's
probably a property of the IPX.

Dunno when I'll find the round tuits, though. :/

No worries. Kernel is recompiling now. As long as I know where the new printf is going to show up I should be able to spot the ticking of the GPS clock.