Re: Anita now supports sparc

2010/9/2 Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost>:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 09:08:05 +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
>
>> It fails in inflate() called from sys/lib/libsa/loadfile_elf32.c:419
>>
>>     nr = READ(fd, maxp, shp[elf->e_shstrndx].sh_size);
>>
>> introduced in
>>
>> revision 1.25
>> date: 2010/03/12 21:43:11;  author: darran;  state: Exp;  lines: +60 -4
>> DTrace: Add support for CTF sections in the netbsd elf image, load these
>> at boot.
>> Add a ksyms_mod_foreach() function to iterate a callback function over the
>> set of elf symbols for a specific module (netbsd included).
>> Add kern_ctf.c and mod_ctf_get() to allow the retrieval and decompression
>> of CTF sections for a specific module.
>>
>> The failed read is to maxp=0xf030d71c size=252
>>
>> If i disable boot_load_ctf, then the kernel loads and boot fine.
>>
>> I guess qemu does something differently than real hw, since my
>> javastation can boot current ok.
>>
>> I'm not sure I follow maxp dances that happen in loadfile_elf32(), but
>> I don't have time to look deeper now.
>
> Oh, I see.  That bit of code always calls READ.
>
> sparc boot calls loadfile() twice, first with COUNT_KERNEL, then with
> LOAD_KERNEL.  When it calls it the first time, the kernel memory where
> READ reads to is not yet allocated.  I guess on real proms that works
> for some magic reason or other, but qemu's OBP is different.

That is something you can easily test. The current qemu-system-sparc
version (0.13rc or git) can be used with the original OBP from SS-5
(and with some quirks with LX and SS-10/20).

If you confirm that it works with OBP, but not with OpenBIOS, please
submit a report to the OpenBIOS team. And to avoid confusion, please
don't call OpenBIOS "qemu's OBP".

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko