Re (5): installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

From:   Eduardo Horvath <eeh%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Date:   Mon, 09 Aug 2010 17:43:45 +0000 (UTC)
> Can the firmware detect the disks?

Yes it can.  The difficulty with disk detection appears
to have been a consequence of my careless assumption
that the disk producing a grinding noise was the disk
which failed.  Disconnecting the noisy disk left a
system with no working disk.  If the old Maxtor LXT213SY
had been disconnected, the system probably would have
had a noisy but working Quantum disk.

Thanks for the input; I'm progressing, slowly,   ... Peter E.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.