Re (6): installing NetBSD on a Sparcstation 2.

Dan O. and everyone,

> So, the SS2 is being finicky with booting ...

The earliest documentation of problems installing on
sun4* that I've found is PR 41194 by Jon Buller.

My difficulty with hdd recognition is just a blunder of
my own, which can be explained later.

> The SS2 I have is currently running version 2.4 of the PROM firmware.  I am
> attempting to upgrade this to 2.9, since that seems to be the version best
> supported by NetBSD and Linux.

Will be interesting to learn the outcome.

Regards,         ... Peter E.

--
VoIP 7785886232 is being cancelled.  Please use 13604502132.
Sparcstation 2 netboots netbsd; SCSI disks are being arranged.