Re: NetBSD/sparc running on qemu

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:31:50AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > It's indeed incorrect as sleep 10 sleeps for 20s, on both i386 and
> > sparc virtual machines (both running NetBSD). What I understand is why
> > date(1) shows the correct value (that it, it really took 20s to
> > run sleep 10) on i386, and not on sparc ?
>
> Because they have different timecounter(9) sources even on the emulator?
> How about "sysctl -w kern.timecounter.hardware=clockinterrupt"
> to change sources?

I tried it, it doesn't change behavior.

The difference in timecounter wouldn't understand the difference in
behavior:
on a i386 guest, sleep(10) takes 20s, and date says it took 20s
on a sparc guest, sleep(10) takes 20s, and date says it took 10s

in other words, after 10m the time of day is off by 5mn on sparc and
is correct on i386. But on both guests, sleep(10) takes twice the time
it should.