Re: anyone uses floppy on sun4m?

> > Has anyone ever used sun4m floppy drive on NetBSD/sparc kernel?
> >
> yes I did, but it was always very buggy on my SS10. I can't remember
> what problems occur, because 1.6.1 was the last release with a floppy
> drive installed.

Hmm, installed with ramdisk loaded from floppy?

On my SS20, PROM can load 1.6.1 floppy kernel, but
installer script running on NetBSD/sparc kernel still complains
on loading ramdisk from floppy:

---
 :

The question below allows you to specify the device name f the floppy
drive.  Usually, the default device will do just fine.
Floppy device to load the installtion utilities from [/dev/rfd0a]:
Extracting installation utilities...
fd0a: hard error reading fsbn 0
fd0: controller status: state 17 (st0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,drv_chck> cyl 0)
fd0a: hard error reading fsbn 0-127
fd0: controller status: state 17 (st0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,drv_chck> cyl 0)
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached

ATTENTION! tar archive volume change required.
Ready for archive volume: 1
Input archve name or "." to quit tar.
Archive name >

---

Note 1.6.1 floppies work fine on SS1+.

The similar error (actually it's data overrun) still occurs on SS20
even on -current kernel.

---
Izumi Tsutsui