From: "Ted Havelka" <ted%cs.pdx.edu@localhost>
To: "Isaac Wagner-muns" <fubar22%gmail.com@localhost>
Cc: port-sparc%NetBSD.org@localhost
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:56:01 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: hard disk for sun ultra 2

Hello Isaac,

You might also e-mail the Portland Oregon non-profit organization named
FreeGeek -- www.freegeek.org -- they have a thrift store which sells hard
drives, among other computer parts.  Not sure how far they'd have to ship
them to reach you, but their prices are generally reasonable to low
-- really reasonable ;)

Failing that option or e-Bay, I may have a couple 80-pin style disks on
hand which I'd be happy to pass along to you, bad-blocked and wiped.  I
would just ask you to pay shipping charges.

But it's unlikely I have a matching pair, or anything much bigger than 4
GB or 8 GB with that older connector style.  Will your Ultra-2 case
accomodate an adapter to go from 50-pin SCSI to 68-pin high density D-SUB
style connector?  That would open a lot of possibilities for hard drives
of larger and matching models and sizes.

Feel free to write me off-list if smaller drives, or larger ones with
adapting connectors would help you with your Ultra-2 server.

- Ted
                                     -   O
Portland State Aerospace Society  -   _<_\_  FreeGeek Community Center
http://psas.pdx.edu                  W >\_     http://www.freegeek.org
ted%cs.pdx.edu@localhost                      ( ) ( )
ted%freegeek.org@localhost