re: partially working SMP again

   >    SS20MP fails earlier due to mutex panic:
   >
   > earlier?  earlier than mine, perhaps, but not earlier than it used
   > to before these changes?

   Earlier than interrupts enabled.

   >    data fault: pc=0xf0134b80 addr=0x0
sfsr=0x126<PERR=0x0,LVL=0x1,AT=0x1,FT=0x1,FAV,OW>

   > can you find out what line pc=0xf0134b80 is?

   It's kern_mutex.c:mutex_vector_enter(), maybe MUTEX_SPIN_P(mtx).
   It looks mutex (proc0.p_lock in kthread_create()) is NULL.

so, this appears to be some caching problem surround cpuinfo.

you and martin seem to get the same problem that i do not, but i lose
later and it also seems to be related to cpuinfo being stale or some.

don't know what is going on yet.  my investigation around this tonight
has revealed nothing but i have managed to get a single user shell to
run, but it hangs shortly afterwards...

.mrg.