Re: MP kernel doesn't boot

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 01:39:47PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> The problem is, that the new MP code wants to play with all struct
> cpuinfo befire cpus attach which results in the crash above because on
> sparc struct cpuinfo for any secondary CPUs is allocated when they
> attach. The short term solution is to have - for now - all SMP kernels
> statically allocate four struct cpuinfo ( not just one for the boot
> CPU ) since we don't really support hw with more than 4 CPUs anyway.

The main problem is the cache-size dependend alignement of cpu infos
that the old code tried, but AFAICT never got right. If we ignore this
and just do "some reasonable but fixed" alignment, dynamically allocating
the cpu infos in pmap_bootstrap is pretty straight forward (I have some
half done code, but noone answered my previous questions about the
alignement details).

Martin