Subject: Re: Iomega Zip100 Parallel on NetBSD SPARC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/06/2007 14:16:21
* Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu> [2007-12-02 15:20:02]:

> I've never seen parallel port SCSI contraptions work with
> NetBSD, but I have a couple of SCSI Zip drives (one internal
> and one external) and I believe the "Zip Plus" drive could
> also work on a SCSI bus.  SPARCstations generally come with
> an appropriate SCSI port built in, so that would be my
> preferred route.

I have a Zip Plus drive somewhere, and years ago I've used it as a SCSI
drive on my Sun. IIRC it gets very picky about where in the SCSI chain
it sits, but I found putting it right at the end seemed to work okay.

It was a bit odd that it magically worked out whether it was attached to
a Parallel port or SCSI, there was no hardware switch to tell it.

Matt
--
"Maximum volume yields maximum goats."