Subject: Re: cacti and snmp query on ethernet interface
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: D G Teed <donald.teed@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2007 00:04:55
Yes, I built snmpd from pkgsrc about a week ago.
I've found it can get back a result from some queries,
just not on the ethernet interface.

For example, this works...

# snmpget -v 1 -c public 127.0.0.1 sysUpTime.0
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (582119) 1:37:01.19

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public -m ALL localhost .1.3 | more
will also spew out a bunch of MIB variables but I don't know
if anything is useful in that.

--Donald