Subject: Sparc IPX, Classic stations available, Portland Oregon
To: NetBSD Sparc Users List <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Ted Havelka <ted@cs.pdx.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/10/2007 12:27:56
Hello port-Sparc List Members,

Ted from Portland Oregon writing the list.  I have four or five Sparc
stations to give away to good homes.  They all power up and appear to post
correctly.  I do not have dmesg output handy to attach to this e-mail.
NVRAM batteries have died on these systems, but other than that they
appear to pass their Openboot self-tests.

Is there any interest in these older systems?  I've read mixed responses
to this question on the list over the past year.

I'd like to find homes for these.  Developers get first dibs, as appears
to be a time-honored practice among other list members.  I live in
Portland Oregon and can deliver the systems a reasonable distance from my
home in northeast Portland.  I'm willing to ship these systems as well,
estimated shipping costs at $25 per.  Have not estimated cost of shipping
two or three in one large box.

Systems will come without hard drives.  The older scsi drives on some have
already failed badblock tests anyway.

I have just a week or so from today, 2007-MAY-10 to send these Sparcs
along.  My only other option is to take them down to www.freegeek.org
where they will be recycled as best old computers can be.

If there are takers I ask you to consider donating $2 to $5 per system to
FreeGeek, as their work for the community is good.  But I don't require
it, and I don't have a means to follow that up anyway.

Thanks all for reading and considering.  Stay well . . .

- Ted
                                     -   O
Portland State Aerospace Society  -   _<_\_  FreeGeek Community Center
http://psas.pdx.edu                  W >\_     http://www.freegeek.org
ted@cs.pdx.edu                      ( ) ( )           ted@freegeek.org