Subject: Re: LX keyboard trouble?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/18/2007 23:06:41
> Normally, I'd have thought that:

>   setenv output-device screen:r1280x1024x76

> would work.

So would I.  That (or perhaps the other version with a different
vertical scan rate) was what I tried first. :-(

> Can you get monitor output by setting the input to ttya and the
> output to screen?

Now that I'm back home again, I tried this again.  I brought the
machine back home with me; here, I have (a) another type-3 keyboard
with adapter to miniDIN-8, and (b) another flatscreen of the same brand
(and, I thought, the same model, though I have yet to check that - it
certainly looks identical).

And here, when I plug it into the type-3 and the flatscreen?  It all
Just Works.

All I can think is that the DA15-to-miniDIN8 adapter is broken in some
cryptic way, though I can't think of a way that would produce the
observed symptoms.  Within a week or so I should be able to get someone
to bring the other adapter here for me to find out.  Or perhaps that
type-3 is broken in some subtle way.

Colour me baffled.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign