Subject: Re: questions from NetBSD sparc newbie
To: Michael Lorenz <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/26/2007 15:14:53
At Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:37:46 -0500,
Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Several people volunteered to write wscons drivers for other
> framebuffers but so far no code made it back to us - I already wrote
> drivers for all SBus graphics hardware I have access to.

Now that I'm sitting with another rejuvianted hires monitor in front of
me (thanks very much to my friend and video wizard Doug Lee!) I could
mabye try to do the job for bwtwo though, if there were some good notes
and/or internal documentation on what needs to be done to wscons to get
it to work, and provided that I don't have to frob the actual bwtwo
driver itself much or at all (as I don't have any hardware specs for it
to work from, though if someone has those they would be handy!).

Unfortunately the only working bwtwo "spares" I have are the on-board
framebuffers on my Sun 3/2[68]0 CPU boards.  I only have just one
working bwtwo sbus card and it's driving this monitor from my desktop
SS20 (though I sure would like to have a spare bwtwo if anyone's got

In the world of CRT displays there's nothing easier on the eyes than a
nice paper-white high-resolution long-persistence phosphor (zero
flicker) monitor.

						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>       Secrets of the Weird <>