Subject: SS10 serial port
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Nicholas Papadakos <panic@umbrela.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/29/2006 02:31:39
Hello,

I have a ss10 on which I try to connect a serial modem.

After some effort I manage to set it up properly. However whenever I try to
boot the machine without keyboard the machine freezes.

The modem lights are flashing and then it freezes.

My guess is that since there is no keyboard present he machines defaults to
the serial port and somehow hangs.

I set the configuration register to look for ttyb as default input and I was
able to see the os booting and freeze after filesystem check.

I guess that's a netbsd specific issue since it passed the original tests.

Anything I can do ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Nicholas Papadakos