Subject: Re: H/W Question: SCSI on U5
To: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/24/2006 12:01:32
Chris Amthor said:

>Unfortunately, this machine doesn't have any builtin SCSI support, so
>I added an Adaptec controller. The controller was detected fine, so
>I'd like to abandon both the old IDE HDD and IDE CD drive. Instead I'd
>like to fit a SCSI CD-RW drive and a SCSI HDD Drive.

I have an Ultra 5 with:

esiop0 at pci2 dev 1 function 0: Symbios Logic 53c875 (ultra-wide scsi)
esiop0: using on-board RAM
esiop0: interrupting at ivec 10
scsibus0 at esiop0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

I boot from a SCSI disk on the SCSI controller. Just change the boot
line in the EEPROM to point to the SCSI disk/controller.

--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>