Subject: Re: Seeking a laptop scsi disk...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/2006 10:08:16
On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 04:54:38PM +0100, doomwarrior wrote:
> <snip> I'm interested in the laptop scsi disk topic but this went
> really OFF-topic.

Skipping both the beginning of this thread *and* the digression it took
... hi :-) I'm the friend that Jim mentioned early on in this thread. I
would have replied earlier, except in my "must make my inbox reasonable"
frenzy I deleted everything without a subject line that was of immediate
interest to me. Sadly, the means I'm reduced to reading this thread on
Google Groups. Oh well.

I'm actually using an old Sun hard drive enclosure with a 1GB drive in
it to power my Voyager. I use the Voyager rarely, but notably when I'm
teaching the Linux classes at the local community college. It's a great
way to carry a lightweight Sun box to the class to show how command line
Unix skills are (mostly) transferrable to other Unix-like systems. IIRC,
the external SCSI port is a standard 50 pin high density one.

http://www.milestonesolutions.com/voyager/ is probably of interest as it
lists drives known to work in the Voyager.

-T

--
"Apply yourselves, day after day, year after year, to the study of the
 unthinkable.''"