Subject: Re: Seeking a laptop scsi disk...
To: NetBSD SPARC list <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@thewrongchristian.org.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/2006 15:36:48
Herb Peyerl uttered:

>>> And all of Germany, too.  Well, no VSIMMs for Mr.Mouse.
>>
>> Instead of getting your ccTLD managers to fix their whois server, you
>> prefer to punish people who call you on it.  I'm sure *that*'ll help.
>>
>> In English, we call this shooting the messenger.
>
> Wasn't there a google-talk on how to improve open-source projects where one
> of the primary recommendations was to 'lose' people with silly nicknames who
> refuse to use their real-names?

Now now, children!

der Mouse,
Not having email addresses in the ccTLD is not 'broken', unless whois
information is required to have contact email addresses. Who defines this
requirement? IANA? I can't find any documentation stating that email
contact details are required in whois information. If there is no
requirement, then by extension your SMTP server is simply implementing
YOUR policy, and is therefore not a very good netizen.

It is instead you that is shooting the messenger. Very few people with .de
or .uk domains could possibly change the policy of their ccTLD managers!

IMHO, petty.

Now if your SMTP server rejected HTML only emails, that might be a
different matter...

Herb,
(Lack of) Name based mud-slinging is not really required or constructive.
Lets keep the discussion objective, please. Der Mouse has a net positive
contribution to the BSD world, noone one would be better for his loss.

My 2c.
Christian

--
     /"\