Subject: opera on a sparcbook
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/06/2006 09:08:54
Michael Lorenz wrote in his blog about getting Opera 7 and 8 running on
a sparcbook running NetBSD under SVR4 emulation, I was wondering how
the install was handled.  The software seems to be offered as either a
tarball with a shell-script installer or as a Solaris package.

I grabbed the tarball version of the qt-static bits and I was able to
get the install.sh modified just enough to get it to complete, but when
I fired up Opera, it first complained about the lack of OpenMotif, then
it drew a few windows, then locked up the box, screen was all black, no
responce over the network, had to pull power to get it to reboot.

I'm running a netbsd-4 binary daily snapshot of 200610260000Z with the
kernel recompiled against the TADPOLE3GX config.

I've never run Solaris binaries under NetBSD before, anyone have any
pointers on how I might get better results?

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org