Subject: Re: can anyone report success on cross-building NetBSD/sparc from
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org, woods@weird.com>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/11/2006 13:17:24
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> wrote:
> Can anyone report success (or failure) of running a cross-built
> NetBSD/sparc system built on either alpha or sparc64?
>
> I know that netbsd-1-6 sparc built on netbsd-1-6 alpha won't work.  How
> about from netbsd-3?
>
> What about netbsd-1-6 sparc built on sparc64?
>
> How about from amd64?

  I cross build for sparc and sparc64 on alpha.

 My general setup is that i compile everything on my alpha (DS10) because
it's the fastest machine i have.  I know i've sucessfully built NetBSD-2,
and NetBSD-3 on alpha for SPARC.  I can't remember if i was cross
compiling NetBSD 1.5 or 1.6 for sparc.  I think i probably did, but that
was a long time ago. :)

 I know i've also succesfully compiled NetBSD-current and NetBSD-3 for
sparc64 on alpha.

 I hope i'm understanding your question correctly.

The command i'm running (on the alpha) looks like this:

cd /usr/src
./build.sh -o -m sparc -x -U -u -T /local/NetBSD/tools sets

 -johan