Subject: Re: [rescue] SS20 SX stuff
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/28/2006 21:53:28
>> (1) When looking at the resolutions, I note that some of them have
>> an "m" appended (eg, r1600x1280x76m).  Insofar as I can tell from
>> testing (which has been rather minimal), this m does not actually
>> change anything.  So, my question is, what does it mean?
> Looks like it changes (lowers) the oscillator frequency.  Higher
> oscillator frequencies would probably produce a better picture.

> I deduced this guess from:
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~pmaydell/misc/cgsixdata.txt

That file, or something enough like it that I can't tell the difference
from memory, is one of the things I found when searching before
posting.  But I couldn't make enough sense out of it to tell anything
useful.

Perhaps I should try to find a FORTH reference.  Postfix notation and a
stack I can handle (eg, PostScript), but there's more to FORTH than
just postfix notation and a stack; I rapidly get lost in a twisty
little maze of stuff I don't know enough to make sense of.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign