Subject: Re: is it hardware or software thats broken?
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/20/2006 08:50:15
> During build of clisp, it got up to dependency "pcre-6.6"
> then the same thing happened again.

When I did a bulk build for sparc64, one of the packages paused the build (I
ran it backgrounded), so I had to bring it to the foreground to make it
continue before backgrounding it again.  I'm fairly sure that it's pcre
that did this.  Does the shell think that it still has jobs running?  (Try
typing `jobs` and `fg`).  It might also be useful to look at the build log
file - this is the work/.work.log file in the package build directory.

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/