Subject: ECL on netbsd/sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/19/2006 15:24:34
Hi,

Sorry, I deleted the orig email so I can't reply.

Making the change for udiv_fp.asm -> udiv_nfp.asm gets me
to ecl_min starting up and it's still running and will so for several
hours.  My recollection is that without the udiv_fp.asm change
it will crash building two files.

The first was cmp/cmpffi.lsp and the second was lsp/mislib.lsp.

The problem is that divisions of bignums cause a bus error with
udiv_fp.asm.  They don't, happily, happen with udiv_nfp.asm.

If you don't want to change udiv_fp.asm you can build ecl
on some other (non sparc 32 system) and then copy cmpffi.* and mislib.*
from that system to your sparc system and build them manually.  Then
restarting make will continue beyond those files.  The resulting ecl
though will someimes bus error when you use bignums.

All of the above is according to my faulty memory and I'll be able
to tell you in a few hours how faulty the memory in fact was.

cheers

bruce

--
edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org