Subject: Re: Bumping MAXPARTITIONS on NetBSD/sparc?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/15/2006 21:13:25
At 16:56 Uhr +0200 31.5.2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
>On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:12:06PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> Is there any chance of NetBSD/sparc going to MAXPARTITIONS = 16 like, say,
>> i386 or macppc, before the port gets obsolete? Or, more perferably, before
>> NetBSD 4?
>
>Not on disks that you might boot from, IIUC.

JFTR, I went with der Mouse's trick of configuring a one-element ccd, and
created all the data partitions on it:

[hauke@pizza] /home/hauke # cat /etc/ccd.conf
#
# /etc/ccd.conf
# Configuration file for concatenated disk devices
#

# ccd           ileave  flags   component devices
ccd0            0       none    /dev/sd0g
#
[hauke@pizza] /home/hauke # cat /etc/fstab
# disk mounts
#
# $Id: fstab,v 1.9 2006/06/09 18:48:28 hauke Exp $
#
/dev/sd0a       /                       ffs     rw,softdep              1 1
/dev/sd0b       none                    swap    sw                      0 0
/dev/sd0b       /tmp                    mfs     rw,nosuid,-s=300000     0 0
/dev/sd0d       /var                    ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
/dev/sd0e       /usr/pkg                ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
#
/dev/sd0f       /home                   ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
#
/dev/ccd0a      /var/spool/export       ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
#
/dev/ccd0d      /cvsroot                ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
#
/dev/ccd0e      /u1                     ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
/dev/ccd0f      /u2                     ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
/dev/ccd0b      /u2/macintosh           ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
/dev/ccd0g      /u3                     ffs     rw,softdep              1 2
#

- not elegant, but works for me.

	hauke