Subject: brand new 3.0 install has data fault: kernel panic:
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/14/2006 09:30:03
Hi Guys,

can you help me with this one please.
(Horror horror, things were so good!:)

I've upgraded my SS5 with a new fresh install of NetBSD 3.0
from iso cd image and it all worked as smooth as silk.

After the install the boot has a hernia:

Kernel detects le0, audiocs0 etc, power-managment blah blah OK
then as it sees cgsix0 , seems ok , I get blah blah then:

(console)data fault: pc=0xf025b080 addr=0xfe13e0e8 sfsr=326<PERR=0,
LVL=3,AT=1,FT=1,FAV,0W>
panic: kernel fault
halted

SADNESS!!!!:(    my beautiful new flawless install , what on earth is
upsetting it?
(Why would such a fresh install fail. It boots off cd ok no problem
but installed kernel on the disk is unhappy!)

many thanks,
Paul.

Paul Seymour           (pts@bom.gov.au)
Senior Programmer
National Climate Centre / Computing Section
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology

"In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates ?"