Subject: Re: netbsd 3.0_STABLE instabilities
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/09/2006 12:56:44
Hi,

I think the key fix was:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/sparc/sparc/cpu.c?f=h
Vers 1.193

Compute c_totalsize for split caches correctly: it's max, not sum (and
we even have that documented in cache.h).  Initialize c_nlines for
split caches.

This should fix srmmu cache flush routines for split I/D caches that
has been broken since cache.c revision 1.79 started using c_nlines.

This fix, at least for my MicrosparcII (in a SS4) fixed the random
crashes.

My knowledge of a SS2 is pretty much non-existant, sorry.

cheers

bruce

--
edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org