Subject: netbsd 3.0_STABLE instabilities
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@ahatec.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/08/2006 22:19:19
Hi all,

after upgrading my gateway host, an SS2, from 1.6.2 to netbsd 3.0 I have a few problems here.

Mostly I notice kernel crashes followed by a reboot, but lately I also got data access exceptions
followed by a watchdog reset.

This system is without any daught in perfect condition and run 1.6.2 without any unusual events
in the last years.

Other NetBSD 3.0 systems here, SS4 and 2 Cycle Turbo Sparcs, are also hit by random reboots.
But the problem seems to appear more likely under stress ( i.e a bulk build will do on the SS2)
but later 3.0_stable generic kernels are either fixed or much more stress resistent on turbo sparcs.

Unfortunately those reboots don't leave a core dump.

My big question:

(1) How to get at least a back-trace?

	Andreas Hallmann
--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.