Subject: Re: wscons and XFree keyboard problems on SPARCbook 3TX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/2005 15:11:16
On 31.10.05, 13:06:25, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>

> That's the DAC messup.
> Odd, it shouldn't happen anymore.

I've had it again. It looked quite a bit different this time, no
"meltdown" effect, but headache-inducing, flickering, changing,
repetitive, colourful, rectangular patterns, looks like DAC-register
messup, too. Unlike last time, though, this time the display didn't
recover after restarting the Xserver, and I had to login remotely
and shutdown the machine. Is the difference between microSPARC (GX)
and TURBOsparc (TX) likely to influence the behaviour?

For the time being I'm using software cursor. If it happens again
we know it's something else at least.

> Before it happened sooner or later, usually I've been able to reproduce
> it within minutes.

Yes, it's very different now, and happens only occasionally, whereas
it used to be very frequently.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - love all, serve all.