Subject: Re: machine hang building release & 'undefined token sbsize'
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/29/2005 22:54:30
> By way of experiment, I restarted the release build without "-j" so
> there would be only one job.  This ran up until it tried to build
> the bootblock, then while parsing bootblk.fth, nbfgen complained:
>
>     undefined token sbsize
>
> Has anyone observed either of the above phenomena?

The "undefined token sbsize" error is caused because
sys/arch/sparc/stand/bootblk/assym.fth.h doesn't get generated correctly.  If
you look back in your build output, you should see:

  /usr/src/sys/sys/systm.h:203: warning: conflicting types for built-in function `printf'
  /usr/src/sys/sys/systm.h:208: warning: conflicting types for built-in function `vprintf'

when it is generated.  The fix seems to be to add -D_STANDALONE to the
Makefile in sys/arch/sparc/stand/bootblk.  However, sparc64 already passes
this when it generates assym.fth.h.  So either -D_STANDALONE needs removing
from sys/arch/sparc/stand/Makefile.inc as well, or only -D_STANDALONE needs
moving outside the sparc64 definition in Makefile.inc.  I'll run sparc and
sparc64 builds to check.

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/