Subject: Re: building -current, CPU optimizations, and the 'sh' problem.
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/2005 14:10:11
On Oct 15,  3:01am, rmk@toad.rmkhome.com (Rick Kelly) wrote:

| Christos Zoulas said:
|
| >Where does it segfault? What does gdb say?
|
| The evil thing about the various sh problems is that sh built with "-g"
| never dumps core. For me, the problem started at 2.0.2, and now at 3.99.9
| seems to be pretty stable.
|
| When building, I find that I often need to rebuild sh first, or coredumps
| may occur.

Have the one with no debugging symbols core dump and then just
disassemble around where it dies. You can also rebuild with just adding
-g to cflags and use the new executable file with the old core file to
debug because gcc is not supposed to produce different code with "-O2 -g"
as opposed to "-O2".

christos